Most library materials circulate for 21 days.
- New Fiction DVDs & Blu-ray Discs (Kid’s and Adult’s) - 7 days
- Video Games – 7 days
- In-Demand, Non-Holdable Books & Audio Books – 14 days
- Reference Materials - Non-circulating
Renewing Materials and Checking Your Account Status
Three days before your item’s due date, our system will try to automatically renew it. You will receive an email or text notice letting you know which items were renewed and which items are still almost due. Most items can be renewed up to 4 times. Automatic renewal (and renewing items manually) may be blocked under some conditions, including someone is waiting for the item and another copy is not available and needing to renew your library account
There are several ways to manually renew materials:
- Automated phone renewals - call the 24-hour Telephone Renewal Line at 503-846-3245. You will need your library card number and password. (Not sure what your password is? Try the last four digits of your phone number.)
- In person - Ask library staff to renew items on your account at the Service Desk, or by calling Access Services at 503-644-2197, option 1.
- Online - access your WCCLS Patron Account from home or at the Library. You will need your library card number and password. (Not sure what your password is? Try the last four digits of your phone number.)
Most circulating items found on WCCLS can be reserved by placing a hold. As soon as it is available, the item will be transferred to the library you designate and held for one week for you to pick up. You will be notified by email that your reserve is being held, unless you notify library staff that you wish to receive a notice by phone or mail. There are several ways to place a reserve:
- In person - ask staff for help with holds assistance at a service desk.
- By phone - call 503-644-2197, option 2.
- Online - access the WCCLS Library Catalog from home or at the library. You will need your library card number and password. (Not sure what your password is? Try the last four digits of your phone number.)
- To place a hold from the online catalog:
- Search the WCCLS catalog to identify the title you wish to reserve.
- Click on the “Place a Hold” button located next to the title.
- Enter your full library card barcode without any spaces or dashes, your password, and click Submit.
- To see your place in line for a title, bring up your patron record in WCCLS and click "On Hold" in the drop down menu beneath your Username. This will show a list of items you have on hold.
Fines and Fees
All materials in the library are overdue fine free. Patrons will be billed replacement cost for items that are more than 25 days overdue, however, so remember to renew or return before then.
More information about the fine rate change is available at https://www.wccls.org/finefree.
Overdue notices are emailed approximately 2 days after items are due. Fees for lost or damaged materials are billed by the owning library and include the replacement cost of the item. Checkout is not permitted when the total account balance reaches $20.00; fees may be paid at any Washington County Library.
All library materials may be returned to any public library in Washington County. At the main Beaverton City Library, drive-up return slots are located on the east side of the building off of Tucker Street, and are open 24 hours a day. Inside the library, return slots are located at the Service Desk and are available during library operating hours.
If you need holds delivered to your vehicle, call 503-644-2197, option 1 to learn about BCL Pickup, available at the main library.