Adult Summer Reading
This year, Adult Summer Reading participants at Beaverton City Library are reading for a good cause by Reading for Trees! Track your hours read from June 1st through August 15th, and help purchase tree seedlings to be planted around our region through Friends of Trees Green Space Program.
For every 80 hours read collectively, the New Friends of the Beaverton City Library will purchase one tree seedling for planting – up to 200 seedlings total!
Participate beginning June 1
Register online. The url will be posted on June 1.
Track & Submit Your Hours
- Use your own system to keep track of how many hours you read from June 1st through August 15th.
- As often as you like, use our online form to submit the number of hours you read.
- Or call 503-350-4001 and leave a voicemail with your name, number of hours read, and phone number.
- Each time you submit your hours, you’ll be entered in our weekly prize drawings. You may submit hours as often as you’d like – the more you submit hours, the more likely you are to win prizes.
- Help us reach our goal of 16,000 hours and 200 seedlings planted by reading as much as you can.
Celebrate and Learn More About Trees
Share What You’re Reading
Make a book recommendation when you submit your hours read! Your recommendations will appear in the list below.
Want us to help you find your next great read? Request a personalized reading list.
Planting and Caring for Trees, Presented by Friends of Trees Wednesday, June 24th 6-7 PM
Join us to learn how our summer reading partner, Friends of Trees, works with communities to improve the urban tree canopy and to learn tips on proper tree planting techniques, basic structural pruning, and basic tree care.
Ancient Forests of Oregon w/ Chandra LeGue Monday, July 20th 6:30-7:30 PM
What makes an ancient forest, what types exist in Oregon, where are they, and what threats do they face? Please join us for this fascinating presentation by author and Oregon Wild Western Field Coordinator as she shares her extensive knowledge and highlights a variety of forest hiking experiences.
Trivia Night: Read for Trees Edition Wednesday, August 12 6:30-8:00 PM
Join us for a lively night of virtual trivia on Zoom! Celebrate our Summer Reading Program with questions on topics ranging from pop culture to sports, history and literature. Play in teams of up to six, or play by yourself.